Friday, November 18, 2011

A Long Break

Well I have not posted in a while but that's because I have been so busy.  When I re-entered life it was going at full speed so it has been an abrupt return for me.  I look back on the days when I didn't do much but drink and I would often say that there wasn't anyting to do.  Today I get more done by noon than I ever did in a week while I was drinking.

What I really like at almost 11 months is how differently I handle situations which used to baffle me.  Now when I'm upset I take a moment instead of ranting about it.  If I make a mistake I own up to it and move on and the world does not end.  I no longer feel like I need to correct the world.

It's not that by quitting drinking that my life has gotten easy, life is hard, it's just that now I am dealing with my setbacks and problems like everyone else instead of pushing my problems down into the pit of repression.  And you know what...It feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment